We took Kade to the fair yesterday and had such a fun day. Here is our day in pictures: See the excitment in Kade's smile

We walked around and saw the sheep. Kade would get right up in all the animals faces and say, "Hi Sheep" (or whatever the animal was.)

Kade even went into one of the sheep pens with a farmer. He loved it and talked to him the whole time. When he came back out to us he said, "That's the farmer, Mom." I was so worried that he was going to call him the boogy-man(we call strangers this all the time).

Then we saw the horses, cows, pigs, bunnies, chickens and turkeys. It was fun and I think Kade loved it. Being pregnant and having been a nursing mother before, I had so much sympathy for the animals I feel like this, right now (short, fat and waddle everywhere I go):

and will feel like this in a few months(note the dripping milk and huge veins, I really felt bad for her. Imagine the pain):

Then the butter cow that makes me want to puke. Mostly because I used to think shortning rolled in sugar was a great substitue for a piece of gum. This was when I was like 8. Now a large quantity of lard is so gross to me.

Then we got two tickets for Kade and Jarin to ride a kiddy ride only to find out that the cars that he wanted to ride didn't let adults ride. Kade told me that he would stay seated and it would be ok for mom and dad to stay outside the fence, but I was so extremly nervous. He has never loved rides that moved a lot and now, without one of us sitting next to him, what if he freaks out. He LOVED it. We let him ride twice, and he was still not ready to get off. It made me so proud. My baby is a little boy now(even babycenter.com calls him a preschooler instead of a toddler). Crazy!

Then Kade and Jarin went through a petting zoo. They had fun and saw a 140 year old turtle among other really cool animals. (I stayed outside with the stroller, so no pictures)
Then we saw the pig races. They have 3 heats. For the first two heats they pick kids out of the audience to cheer for each pig racing. The last heat is really big, fat pigs, so instead of kids they pick people with pot-bellies. I was sitting right in the front with Kade, and after choosing two large men, they said they needed to have a women. So I stood up and put my hands on my belly so they would notice me. They laughted, called me a cheeter, offered me a stack of cookies and picked me to cheer for the last pig, Shakin' Bacon. My pig stayed in it's pin for the first half of the race and then booked it and won! Kade and I were so excited and got to go collect our flag, ribbon and sticker. Now Kade keeps telling me that my pig won.


After that we got our fair food favorites, a fresh lemonade with a funnel cake, and watched the parade before heading home.

Kade was pooped and took a nap from 5:30 to 8:30 before waking up for dinner and going back to bed around 10pm.
8 comments:
Looks like a fun time! We went to the fair recently too- the county fair though. As we were driving home from lake Erie on 71 we saw the state fair going on in Colombus and we almost stopped! But the reason we were coming home early was cuz I had to do activity days... otherwise we would have.
In that white shirt your belly looks tiny!!
So fun! Glad Kade enjoyed it so much! We didn't get to go this year ... but hopefully next year we will!! Love all the pictures - especially you and your prize ribbon from the pig race! That's awesome! :)
HOW CUTE!! I love all these pics and I love that you volunteered for the pig race.
It sounds like so much fun! I love going to the fair, especially with kids. I loved how Kade loved the rides so much, even all by himself. It's hard to let them do things by themselves--I would have been worried too!
Cute pictures
Love mom
My children need to experience a good old fashioned fair. we went to the renaissance fair two years ago...does that count?
look at you..all cute and pregnant.
I think this age is so cute. Rachel was SO excited about the animals we just saw at a kid's farm here too! Fun stuff!
I am so impressed how much you have been blogging lately! I have been such a slacker. Fairs are the best and it looks like Kade is a huge fan! It was so nice talking to you the other day. You still need to text me Leslie's number though. Kade's two year pictures are really cute. I need to get some more of Cam since he hasn't had any in a long time! Well I hope the next several weeks go by fast for you and that you feel as good as you can in your third trimester!
Post a Comment