Saturday, October 4, 2008

High School Tag

1. Did you date someone from your high school: Yes. I dated the same boy from my sophomore year until the end of my freshman year at BYU. He was in my high school but graduated 2 years before me and we dated long-distance. I went on a few dates with other boys here and there (some from my school some not).

2. What kind of car did you drive? : I drove a '94 White Honda Civic for a year(it was a stick shift and I was so proud of myself) and then a '99 Black Ford Escort.

3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?: Well, I can't really think of one I was really embarrassed by. I'm sure someone could remind me of one. If I had any, I blocked them out. It would probably have to be the time I backed up in the school parking lot and knocked a really big kids right out of his shoes on a Friday afternoon. On Tuesday when he came back to school, he had crutches. (Don't worry, he twisted his ankle at baseball practice and had never even told his parents about the getting hit by my car incident).

4. Were you a party animal?: No, I went to some, but they always seemed so lame. When everyone but you drinks, there is only so much you can take.

5. Were you considered a flirt?: Maybe to some people. I was always very clear about the fact that I had a boyfriend, but I guess I still liked to flirt a little.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?: Choir

7. Were you a nerd? : Yes and No. I was really into my extracurricular activities and obsessed about getting really good grades. Not much else mattered to me in high school. I had friends in just about every group at school. From nerd to computer geek to football team...I knew and liked them all.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? : I ran in one varsity cross country meet. Our team was really good and went to state, so since I am not a natural runner I was always on JV. Sports really weren't my thing.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? : No way.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? : I don't know if we had one.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? : Mrs. Essex was the best. We were really close. Mr. Campbell was really cute and I sort of had a crush on him. Mr. Glidden and Mr. Hamlin were great teachers.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?: In the cafeteria, usually. We couldn't leave campus. However, I ate a lot of lunch in the Newspaper room working on editing the paper. (That's right I was Editor-n-Chief of "The Echo")

13. School Mascot?: Oriole

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?: I am not sure. It was not a big deal. I don't really think anyone had dates. We just all went to the game, and I probably worked that night and didn't even go.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? : Maybe, I didn't let myself have enough fun. I put way to much pressure on myself.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?: The last month of school when all the pressure was off. I really had a blast. I started hanging out with everyone more. For graduation, everyone has an open house. I went with Kristie from party to party for like two days straight.

17. Where did you go senior skip day?: We didn't have one that I knew of. I wouldn't have skipped. I would only be that much further behind.

18. Have you gained weight since then?: No, but I have had a kid which definitely changes your body.

19. Who was your prom date?: I went to prom every year. My freshman year I went with Chris Bowman. My Sophomore and Junior year I went with my boyfriend Matt Sabo. And my senior year I thought Matt was coming out and then he couldn't so I found a date last minute and went with Sean Alexander.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: I really hope so. I would love to see everyone.

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: Be a little more well rounded. Grades don't mean everything.

You're it: Lauren Cox, Skye Howick, Emily Allen, Kelly Vaisey (But only if you want to and have time)

3 comments:

CamilleJohnFam said...

Always interesting to see in someone else's past! Thanks for not tagging me. I didn't like high school.

The Cox Family said...

That was fun to read! I learned a few new things about you! I will have to do mine next.

Sarah said...

I really liked that tag, thanks. It was really fun to read and get to know you a little better. :)