Months ago I read about Google reader on a friends blog. I didn't quite know what it was, but I could tell it would probably save me time. So I put it on my to do list to look into it. Well last night Kendall was over and showed me it. It is so easy. You just go to Google.com and then click on more at the top and drop down to reader. If you have a log on to make comments(like ours is a yahoo email that we use for Blogspot), you can get on. Once you are on, you just click on "add subscription" on the left sidebar and enter a website you visit like "jarinandnancyleavitt.blogspot.com". Once you have entered it, it will light up and show how many posts you have not viewed. If you have seen them all it's not highlighted.
I think it's going to save me so much time, but there are some drawbacks. 1) you don't get to see any of the cute frilly things people do on their blogs 2) you can't make comments 3) I can't figure out how to add anyone that has locked their blog to private. Even if I'm logged in. (if anyone knows a secret to set this up let me know.
I still think it's a pretty good trade off. Everyone is so busy, even stay home moms, and I feel so bad when I forget to look at blogs for like a month and then have so much catchup. So now you all know, I will see every post but probably won't comment.
Sword Art Online 5: Phantom Bullet (light novel)
6 years ago
7 comments:
i actually opted to use the blogger "become a follower" option instead of Reader. You can import the list you've already made in Reader into the follower thingie. They are pretty much the same idea, but I CAN post comments and visit private sites. It DOESN'T, however, tell me when I've viewed a post like REader does. It simply lists ALL updated posts in chronological order in a window. So I just scroll down til I see one I've read already and then proceed upward from there. You get to it on your blogger log in page. I think it fits me better than Google REader. Give it a look, if you're interested.
I've used Reader for a while (though being a follower sounds pretty good) and I just click on the post title when I want to comment and it opens up in another tab. That way at the end I can just make all my comments and I still get to see the cutesy aspects of people's blogs. :)
A couple of my friends use it too, you will have to figure it all out and let me know if you like it!
I can't see the locked ones...I just bookmark those. I only have a few so it doesn't bother me. I don't check them every day either.
Yeah it will be good to see you at Christmas. Do you guys get to come out for very long? That would be cool if you are cuz we are going to logan for the actual holiday, but we really want to see ya. Hope all is going well. Sorry I know nothing about google reader, so I am no help ha ha. :) later
Oh yea! We definately need to do stuff then, glad you are coming for longer than i thought. can't wait until then. crazy thing is it will come faster then we know.
nancy!! long time no talk. ok i finally got a chance to check this out....sorry- but this is way too cute!! so you gotta show me how to do this- k? i tried to text you today but you must've been busy. maybe call me- now that i've got some extra time on my hands in the evenings i would love to set one up- keep everyone caught up. so call me asap. sara
Post a Comment