Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kade is Walking


On Tuesday I took Kade to a Halloween store and tried on a train costume. It's the type of costume that hangs around you in the shape of the item and you wear straps to hold it up. Anyways, Kade couldn't see the floor after I strapped it on, so I told him he HAD to walk and he did. He walked about 30 feet before he fell. After he fell he realized he could actually crawl in it and refused to walk anymore. Before this, the most he has ever walked was about 8 steps. On Wednesday, his actual costume came in the mail and even though it's only made out of fleece I told him he HAD to walk. Again, he did. Except this time, he kept walking all day. He has been so good on his feet for so long and climbs up on everything (he even climbs into his stroller). I have suspected for a long time that he could walk if he just would. After seeing him walk this week, I can tell it was true. I wish I had taped mine and Jarin's response when we each saw him walk for the first time. It's so funny how excited parents get.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, Nancy! That is so exciting! I can't believe I didn't hear all about it last night. Can't wait to see Kade in action for myself! :)

Matt and Jessica said...

Hey that is sweet just give him a few minutes and i bet he will start running and jumping. :) i think your haircut is cute. We wish we could have seen you when you were here hope all is well. jess

Al said...

He has changed a lot since I saw him last. Not only is he walking, he also looks like a bigger boy too.
We can't wait to see him!

heather said...

Yay!! He's so dang cute - I love watching him grow! It makes me so excited for when Logan can do it too!!

Skye said...

walking!they grow up too fast! and i love the hair cut:)

The Cox Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cox Family said...

It is amazing how they just decide to do it one day huh? You guys are in for it now!