We had a great fourth of July. It started on the 3rd when we went to the "Red, White, and Boom" in downtown Columbus with some good friends. The city had some really good fireworks, a parade, and a lot of people. Mckade loved everything about it, including the fireworks. The next day, the 4th, we went to the zoo and then that night we had a BBQ and deep fried some veggies with Ryan and Kendall and then went to the Upper Arlington fireworks.
Next was Kade's real birthday on the 8th. I bought a ballon and tied it to his favorite toy, a walker. He takes it everywhere he goes. We also hung up the signs all around the house. I think he could tell it was a special day, and he really enjoyed it. We had a party that night with some of our friends. He liked his cupcake and we had a really good time.
For his 12 month appointment we weighed 18 lbs. 6 oz. and was 28 inches tall. His head circumfrence was 43 inches. These are all in like the 3rd to 10th percentile, but for a Leavitt baby they are average.
At 12 months Kade can clap, wave, "meow", "quack", and say "roar." He can also say "off", "up", "car", "hi", "this","dad", and "mom" there are a few others but I haven't figured out what they are. He pushes around his toys and strollers, but he is kind of scared of or is uninterested in trying to walk on his own. He is so close but just won't. He can stear a stoller or toy around so well and even turn them 180 degrees. I love this stage because they are so interested in learning and absorb everything. Mckade is really focusing on talking. Yesterday we were trying to get him to kick his legs in the pool and he copied us in saying, "kick, kick, kick." Also, if we see a plane in the sky he will tell me, "up" and point up.
The day after his birthday I headed to my parents house to meet up with my sister and her kids. We had such a fun time. We had another little party for Mckade, went to the children's museum(which is sooo awesome), played at the pool and playground, had lunch at Chickfila's appreciation day, rode bikes, saw my friend Kristie, and even made a fort. It was so much fun. One afternoon we left all three kids with my dad and then my mom, my sister and I went shopping. When we got back grandpa had all of them taking naps. Good job Dad!
On our way home we drove with a HUGE lightning and thunder storm until we were about 15 minutes from home. It was one of the worst I have ever seen. I was on the phone with Jarin making him track it about every twenty minutes. Everyone went about 40 mph, drove with their hazard lights on, and didn't really pass. I think next time I will just stay an extra night and take my chances with a grumpy baby driving during the day.
Jarin is trying to teach me to golf. It's been so much fun to get to golf together. It's a sport he loves and it's just fun to be outside. We played one round at a local city course, and I really didn't do too bad (still not good enough to tell you my score though).
My mom came out this last weekend to play with Mckade while I painted (I am still going to antique it I think)and gardened some flowers she brought me from her yard. We also went to the Columbus Zoo, which is the best zoo I have ever seen and it also has carnival rides and a water park (too bad the water park costs extra). They ususally have animals out at the front of the zoo to touch. We saw an armadillo and flamingos this time. Attached are pictures of two of my favorite animales at the zoo, the Okapi (Oh-copy) because it is so rare and the only living relative to the giraffe and the Mandrill (aka Drill) because it is so unique and scary (it also has four HUGE fangs).
Friday night we went to the Jazz and Ribs festival in Columbus with Rex and Kacie. There were some good ribs; Famous Daves were the best we had. On Saturday, we had a BBQ and went swimming. Mckade loves the water and we had a blast.
We also painted our kitchen over the weekend. It's kind of wild, but we both really like it.
This last week we went to the "turtle lady" and the "bunny fountains" both free, and both a lot of fun.
6 comments:
What a great update! Looks like you're having lots of fun! Your painting looks great! I love your fun, bright colors!
Lots of fun projects that have turned out great! You guys are always staying busy! Keep up the golfing and the next time you are out here we will all have to go!
I didn't realize that you posted before you left! I am glad that you did post everything that you guys did though. There are some really fun pictures of you all and I glad that it was such a great month! It was so fun seeing you this past week. We need to email each other our pictures. I hope all went well on your red eye flight home!
Wow! I loved the paint. That turned out really slick! Very cool!
love the paint!
Hey Ohio Leavitt's! Kade looks so big. He's turned little boy! Your kitchen looks incredible!
Post a Comment