Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cry it Out Continues...

Thanks everyone for your ideas, support and comments. I have decided that I am the weakest link in "Cry it Out." I started with naps, which has worked great. I put Mckade down when I can tell or know he is tired. I leave the room, and he usually falls right to sleep. He might cry for like 5 minutes or so.

At night, he sleeps fine in his own crib until we go to bed. I usually go to sleep right after he wakes up for his first feeding like 11pm. I put him back in his crib, and then we wakes up in like 1.5 to 2 hours, so I just bring him into our bed. I have tried to put him back in his bed, but the whole night he keeps waking up, and then the next day neither of us can function properly.

I know if I would just make him cry a few nights, he would learn, but I am really struggling. It's so hard to just listen to him. He has also learned a new trick. He knows how to roll over to his belly, but he hasn't mastered rolling back over. So he knows if he rolls over and then cries long enough I will have to come in to roll him back over, and then I feel so bad I nurse or rock him to sleep. He has done this like 5 times in the last few days. As for now, I am still dreaming of a full nights sleep. Any advice welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K.....I know that I am not supposed to, but my sister in law, my mother, my mother-in-law, have all told me to put jack to sleep on...his stomach. We resisted this tactic at the advise of others but we finally tried it this week and he was asleep for ten hours STRAIGHT! We also took the blanket out of his crib and laid him on the crib sheet only(with the matress of course). We have also started to use something called "the miracle blanket" that wraps him up like a mummy and that seems to keep him from waking himself up by smacking himself. You could also just use a large blanket to accomplish the same thing, just make it tight so that he can't wiggle out of it. All I know is that we were waking up every 2-3 hours before and since we did this we have slept every night without interruption. He also seems to be so much happier during the day, and he naps better too.

The Arizona Leavitt's said...

Wow, that's great. We have tried wrapping him up like a mummy, but he always gets out. Maybe we will have to wrap him tighter.