Kade always wants to do makeup with me, and so one day I put some on him. He hasn't asked to play with it since. Now he just likes his chap stick.
Jack Hanna
I took Kade and Anna to the zoo a few weeks ago and totally got to shake hands with Jack Hanna. I felt pretty cool. He's a celebrity you know.
He'd rather sleep than eat!
The best Vacuum ever
I went to the store planning to get a little vacuum to keep handy, and came home with a life changing vacuum. Kade is a very clean kid if he knows that something is dirty and how to clean it. This Eureka 4-in-1 has a handle that pushes in so you can store it easy. However, it's the perfect kids size vacuum if you just leave it down. It works great, and my floors have never been cleaner. Any suggestions for a mop?
5 Year Anniversary = Weekend Get-away
Our anniversary was on May 22nd, but we didn't celebrate until Jarin took the first step of the Medical Boards on June 4th. Kade went to Grandma and Grandpa's house and had a blast. They were so good with him. It made our little get away perfect. Here's a little fun he had before we left.
So Jarin has always been in charge of planning get-aways, and this time he was studying for his boards so I was in charge. What I found out was that I am not very good at it, and I have probably been too hard on him in the past. We left Columbus headed to Indy not really knowing where we were going to stay or what we would do. All we knew was that Kade was staying with my parents. It turned out amazing, and I think we both will agree we like to just go with the flow rather than plan. I hope it always works out so well. We decided to stay with my parents on Friday night to be able to stay in a nicer hotel the next night.
On Saturday we drove from Indy to Louisville to go to Churchill Downs, and we watched a little horse racing. It was so much fun. The first race we were there for had a horse named Izzy Ali. We are planning on naming this baby Izabelle, so I just had to bet on her. She won me $20, and it was our only real win of the day. Way to go Izzy!
That night we drove halfway to Cincinnati and stayed at the Belterra casino and resort. It's a casino hotel like the ones in Mesquite. They had an amazing buffet, and we stuffed ourselves. It felt like a honeymoon and was absolutely perfect.
The next day we drove to Cincinnati and ended up going to the Reds vs. Cubs game. Then met my parents at a park and had a picnic lunch and headed home. Absolutely perfect. We would say we went all out for our 5 year anniversary. Thanks Mom and Dad.
Sweet Anna
I have been nannying for Anna since the middle of March. Anna is such a sweety and has such a fun personality. She is 13 months old now. On this day, she didn't feel well at all, so she was really cuddly. I also added a picture of Kade and Anna on her birthday. Usually we go to their house, but occasionally it works out to come home for a little while. Kade really likes Anna and is learning so much about sharing from her. Good thing since our little Izzy will be here in 4 short months.
"I'm not gardening this year."
I told Jarin this a few months ago since I am pregnant and gardening is a lot of work. I guess I told a fib. I went to Home Depot today to ride the tractors (aka lawn mowers) and lucked into buying 8 strawberry plants for the price of 1(the plant rep was there and trying to get rid of them). At that deal, how can I not garden? So today I went all in. We now have a garden. I adopted a 4th plot(plus my backyard) from a neighbor and cleaned up 3 of my others. Now I am barely able to move, sitting on the couch blogging while Jarin ran to get some Tylenol. I hope the chipmunks don't eat all the berries, and it's worth it in the end. Kade has already eaten three green strawberries, so I think we will likely get to them before the chipmunks. Here are my five gardens(backyard pictures are from the spring, right now it's full of magnolias and tulip leaves that won't die):
3 comments:
We had a blast with Mckade, we are happy to tend him anytime.
I think the vacuum is vintage Nancy. Managing a way to enlist others to your cause.
I like your gardens and I have to tell a story. We never had red strawberries either, because you kids would get to them as soon as they turned yellow. I like that memory a lot.
Dad
I'm so glad you got get away! That's so great! It looks like you had a fantastic anniversary.
Curtis would KILL me if ever I put makeup on Cam. Heck, he freaks out if Cam is even playing with my makeup! Your anniversary looked like a blast. It is always great to get away for a little while. You look great Nancy! We can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment