Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And he's off...

Mckade started crawling two weeks ago. (I have been a huge slacker on posting.) At first he would just move his body in all kinds of ways (raising one leg, reaching with his arms, etc.) Finally, he decided that the worm works best for him. He is so funny; he uses his arms so much more than his legs. He pushes up with his arms, lunges forward and then falls and does it again. (again, we have video, but have yet to figure out how to format them so they will post. Emily, expect a call.) We had friends over that weekend, and he wanted to attack Lucy (his girlfriend). He did get to hold her hand before we pulled him away from clawing her eyes out.



He has gotten quite fast, and even follows me if I leave the room. We have had to learn to close the door to the basement and pickup our things we don't want him to have. This Friday Jarin does not have school, so I have decided we would both dedicate the whole day to childproofing. Our one saving grace right now is that we borrowed a neighbors exer-saucer. I love it, and so does Mckade. (we have video of that too, if we could just get the dang things to upload. I will put it on my list of things to do after spring break next week).



Also, Mckade got some boots. They might be a little girly, but they are blue and it's not worth the shipping to return them, so here they are.



Oh, and one more thing, we got some pictures taken on Saturday while Jarin was studying. As you can tell from the last picture, Mckade doesn't last during photo sessions very long. It was the worst experience ever, but they only made me pay for one page, so I guess it was worth it. I don't think I will ever go there again though.









4 comments:

The Cox Family said...

GOOD JOB KADE! We are so proud of you! Your lives will never be the same. Kade's picturs are so dang cute. Now you need to send me more! I have been meaning to call you Nance. When Curtis called Bum the other day, I had to run to work so I couldn't talk to you. I will be calling you soon!

Alan and Sharon said...

What fun pictures! Hooray for the update. What an exciting time this will be! I just had a crawler come over and when Ethan starts, we're going to have to do some serious rearranging.

Skye said...

Crawling!!!! thats fun, now you really can't leave him alone! Hope all is well!

Jamie Lynn said...

SO CUTE! I love all the pictures - the one of him lunging at Lucy is hilarious. I'm sorry the pic taking was a bad experience but it was totally worth it for those adorable shots.. And I like the boots.